- Adults 60 years or older (no income requirement), and their spouse/partner of any age.
- Adults 18 to 59 years old with disabilities (must reside in special/senior housing with its own meal site).
- We will verify the applicant’s identity in-person before determining eligibility.
- Application forms 申請表 are available at all Self-Help for the Elderly senior centers. To view and print the application form, please click here.
- Completed applications must be submitted in-person to a Self-Help for the Elderly senior center 安老自助處康樂中心地址 (San Francisco Centers Only).
- A government-issued identification document will be used to verify age for eligibility. Please also bring your Senior Gold Card (if enrolled).
- Donations are accepted at the time of application, in the form of cash or check. A maximum of 10 meals may be added at one time. Currently, the suggested donation for this program is $4.00 per meal, which includes the main entrée menu, a drink (milk or orange juice), a jello or fruit cup, and tax. Tips are optional
- Upon processing, a CHAMPSS meal debit card will be issued to the applicant.
- The CHAMPSS card is currently accepted at S & E Café (2406 19th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94116), Green Bamboo (1240 Noriega St, San Francisco, CA 94122) and Henry’s Hunan (4753 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94112). Cardholders may dine-in any time during the restaurant’s program operation hours.
- Take-out orders are not allowed. Dine-in only.
- The card may not be used more than once a day (one CHAMPSS meal per day per person).
- Additional meals may be added at any time, online (credit card) or in person (cash or check).
- Meals added on or after July 1, 2019 will be valid until June 30, 2021.
It takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks to process CHAMPSS application due to the limited funding resources. Once we processed your application, your designated senior center will contact you by the phone number you provided. Thank you for your understanding.